Diet Tips For The Overweight And Underweight
Dieting is the sophisticated way of eating food in a regulated and supervised manner to decrease, maintain, or increase body weight. Dieting is often used in combination with physical exercise to lose weight, commonly in those who are overweight or to gain weight. Diets can also be used to maintain a stable body weight. Dieting is a key to lose or gain weight in a healthy way and achieve the desired body weight.
- For Overweight:
- Put together a good exercise routine that will firm up your muscles.
- The recommended water intake per day is 8 to 12 glasses per day. Water suppresses appetite
- Carry healthy snacks like cut up veggies and stay away from junk food.
- Eat smaller meals every 3-4 hours instead of three large ones daily.
- Add fibers in your diet because it helps control blood sugar level, lower blood cholesterol and manage weight.
- Protein is a very important part of your diet. Whenever you eat, be sure to include some protein.
- Sugar can be a huge downfall for someone wanting to lose weight.
- Low-fat diets are beneficial for reduction of fat in one's diet.
- For underweight:
- Take five to six small meals during the day rather than two or three large meals.
- The recommended water intake per day is 8 to 12 glasses per day.
- Always choose nutrient rich food. It could be snacks, shakes or juices, or proper meals.
- Heavy food items that are more in calories.
- Adding high calories to regular diet, including eggs and bananas in morning breakfast, etc., can help in increasing the weight.
- Consume protein supplements along with adequate amount of vegetables and fruits.
- Remember, the diet shouldn’t be started suddenly; It should be implemented slowly so that the body is habituated with it.