Diaper Rash in Babies
Diaper rash is the inflamed skin or dermatitis that comes into sight as a bright red skin’s patchwork on the baby’s bottom. It is very common in infants and frequently causes distress for both baby and mom. The main symptom is a red rash on the buttocks. In severe cases, symptoms such as fever and widespread rash can occur. Most rashes start to improve after a few days of at-home care with over-the-counter creams with good skincare and frequent nappy changes. If it doesn't start to improve or if fever and rash develop, you can visit the best NICU care in Gurgaon.
- Cause of diaper rash:
- Rubbing against the diaper itself
- Bacterial and fungal infection
- Sensitive skin
- Get the right nutrients.
- Infrequent diaper change or too tight diaper
- Allergic reaction.
- Use of new products
- Start to eat new food
- Diaper rash prevention tips:
- Keep the skin clean and dry
- Wash before every nappy change, dab dry and moisture
- Use good nappy cream regularly
- Avoid using wipes to clean
- Change diapers frequently and let the skin breathe without a diaper for a few hours in a day
- When to call the doctor:
- Bad rashes and does not improve after 2 days of treatment
- Fever or your baby seems sluggish
- The small red pimples around the diaper area
- Swelling around the area
If you notice these symptoms, immediately check with your doctor. Your baby seems to be in pain and difficult to console, then you can consult Dr. Deepa Aggarwal, the best child specialist in Gurgaon at Mayom Hospital. This place provides the 24*7 hours service...