Stomach cancer is also known as Gastric cancer. It is characterized by the forming of cancer cells in the inner lining of the stomach. The cancer cells grow slowly over the years and turned into a tumor. Stomach cancer is very difficult to diagnose because no severe symptoms are detected at the early stages.
It is very rare compared to other types of cancer but it is most dangerous than others because diagnosis of stomach cancer is very difficult. Even it spreads to other parts of the body, it is still undiagnosed and that makes it more difficult to treat. If your stomach gets infected often, then consult the general surgeon in Mayom Hospital.
- Upset stomach
- Feeling bloated whenever you eat something
- Slight nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weight loss
- Trouble swallowing
- Yellowish eyes or skin
According to the General surgeons in Delhi NCR, cancer forms when a mutation occurs in the stomach cells and it causes the cell to grow and to continue living even the normal cell would die. When it grows out of control, it forms a tumor and the process of forming a cancerous cell to the dangerous tumor is very slow. It takes many years to develop.
Here are the things that play a role in raising the risk:
- Being overweight
- Eating smoked, pickled, or salty foods
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Certain genes
- Working in coal, metal, timber, or rubber industries
- Exposure to asbestos
- Long-term stomach inflammation
- Pernicious anemia
- Stomach polyps
- Regular exercise reduces the risk of stomach cancer.
- Add a wide variety of colorful fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Stop smoking because it may increase the risk of cancer.
- Limit the amount of smoked and salty foods.
If you are on any medication that causes severe acidity or infection, then consult Dr. Rajeev Seth, the general surgeon in Gurgaon.