Coronavirus: Symptoms, How It Spread, Preventive Measures
Coronaviruses come from a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to severe diseases. It is a transmitted disease that spreads from mammals and birds to humans and then from affected humans to humans. If it gets severe and symptoms are not controlled early, it can lead a person to the hospital and some time to the death.
People who have low immunity especially in children, older age, heart patients, transplant patients, people suffering from respiratory distress and immunocompromised patients. The infection can cause severe respiratory syndrome, Pneumonia, Kidney failure, and death.
- Common symptoms of Coronavirus:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shortness of breath
How it spread?
Currently, we can’t tell you the exact reason how it spread but it is most likely to spread from person-to-person who are in close contact with one another and through the respiratory droplets ( it spreads when the infected person respiratory droplets get into the eyes or ears or nose of the healthy person )
It may also be possible that by touching the objects or things which have virus on it and then touching that object or your hands get in contact with your mouth, nose or maybe eyes, you can also be infected by COVID-19.
- Wash your hands more frequently before and after having food, touching any object or thing, going out and coming back to the home.
- If you are suffering from fever, cold or cough then wear a mask to cover your mouth and nose.
- Use clean handkerchief and napkin to wipe out your face and hands and wash it after using it or dispose of it properly.
- If you are outside and don’t have water to wash your hands then use sanitizer before and after touching anything.
- Clean the objects more frequently which you are using more often such as mobile phones.
- Avoid eating non-veg, processed and packaged foods.
- Boil the milk properly before consuming it.
- If someone is suffering from cold, cough and fever then maintain 0.5 to 2 meters of distance from that person or give them a mask.
- Try to avoid going in a crowded area if not urgent because you don’t know who might be infected.
- Before using any object wash or clean them properly because viruses can last up to 48 hours on object.
- Avoid sharing your personal items, food, utensils, cups, and towels.
The team of Mayom Hospital, one of the best hospitals in Gurgaon, Haryana provides the utmost care and awareness about the coronavirus. If someone is suffering from the above symptoms then it is a request not to take for granted, immediately consult the doctor.
No treatment is available currently, so it is very important to prevent yourself by following all these above preventive measures seriously and also spread more awareness and educate each other on how to prevent it from spreading.